With Certified Swim Smooth Coach Steve Bailey and
Swim Smooth’s Annie Oberlin-Harris
Running out of breath? Know you need to be more efficient in the water but not sure how? Training harder but not swimming smoother?
Our expert Clinics are suitable for anyone who wants to improve their freestyle stroke the Swim Smooth way. Perfect for triathletes and open water swimmers looking to fine tune their swimming technique year round.
Oxford Clinic 24th Jan 2015 12.30-6.00pm bookings now open!
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information and to book.
A picture paints a thousand words…
We use a high quality HD underwater camera to film you from a range of different angles above and below the water, leaving no stone unturned! Video analysis is a superb way to identify key areas to improve your stroke efficiency and help you to see how you need to improve.
Seeing yourself swimming from a range of different angles on a big screen and then having your stroke constructively critiqued by us is a liberating experience. We’ll identify the great elements of your stroke already there and the stroke faults which are holding you back. We’ll show you videos of the Swim Smooth drills and coach them to you in the subsequent pool stroke correction session so you can really improve your swimming.
You will come away from a clinic with a clear understanding of your current stroke, with a hard copy of our detailed video analysis. We’ll make some instant improvements on the day and you’ll be amazed how much easier swimming can really feel! You’ll understand the changes you need to make to improve your swimming going forwards as well as we give you a clear plan to develop your stroke specific to your needs.
Clinics take place at the fantastic 25m heated indoor pool at Abingdon Boys School near Oxford.
The clinic costs just £150 for the following:
- Individualised recorded video analysis and stroke correction
- Interactive discussion surrounding your technique and training
- Theory presentation on Swim Smooth stroke technique and drills
- Taster of a Swim Smooth squad session environment
- A Swim Type Guide with sessions for you to follow
- A highly tuned up smoother stroke!
Thousands of swimmers around the world have benefitted from this method of improving their swimming.
The theory session….
- Fundamentals of a great freestyle stroke including common misunderstandings and faults
- How to improve your efficiency so you can swim further more easily
- Generating more propulsion surprisingly you can move faster with less effort
- Open Water Skills to help you race at your best
- How to train properly for swimming and get the most out of the limited time you have to train
The practical sessions…
- Extensive Videoing Of Your Stroke above and below the water. And you get to take away your video footage with you on DVD.
- Technique Development and Intervention based on your video analysis
- A Mini-Squad Session to extend your pool time, showing you how to implement our unique teaching methods into a ‘normal’ training session
You will need to bring….
1. Swimming gear, i.e. swim suit, cap and goggles.
2. Loose comfortable clothing for land-based practical sessions.
3. A pair of flippers or fins (of the swimming variety, i.e. flexible rubber)
4. An open mind and the willingness to learn new skills to help you improve!
5. A light packed lunch.
A full, detailed timetable will be sent out to all registered clinic attendees in the week preceding the Clinic. Please note, we reserve the right to have to change or modify course contents and lay-out at short notice due to any unforeseen circumstances or facility hire restrictions, we will endeavour to always notify you in advance.